Sunday 7 July 2013

Seeing the Aura

A couple of weeks ago we held the second of our Spiritual Development Workshops at our Como Centre with the fabulous Kitty Phillips.  We started off in our usual way, asking for protection and guidance, connecting with our spirit guides and building energy.

The first activity of the day was to see auras.  Wonderful, I thought, I’ve always wanted to learn how see auras and now I was to be given the chance.  Kitty told us it was fairly simple, everyone could do it and that it just needed a little practise. 

She went on to explain more about the aura, how it is made up, the layers, their colours, etc and then she got us doing some simple practical exercises.  Fine, did all of those with no problem.  I got quite excited and was ready to move on to people.  We worked in pairs and I did exactly as I was told – no aura.  I was so disappointed, she said this would be easy.  I told Kitty what was happening, that all I could see was this milky/yellowish band around the head – “that, my lovely”, she said, “is an aura!”

OMG – I had been seeing auras on and off for years without knowing it.  I had always put it down to reflection or just a trick of the eyes – I honestly never realised that I was seeing aura.

So I’ve been practising like mad and yes, the more you do it the easier it becomes.  The other day I looked at my friend Jackie and could see her aura growing – how amazing is that?


I think that we do a lot of things on a regular basis without realising it; we also doubt our own abilities.  Sometimes all we need is a little confirmation that we are on the right lines, and that there is no right or wrong way to develop spiritually as we are all different and progress at different rates.  Sometimes all we need is a little confidence boost.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do leave a message - I would love to hear from you.