Tuesday 26 November 2013

Judgements


Just for today I will not anger
Just for today I will not worry
Just for today I will be honest and grateful
Just for today I will respect others and not judge
Just for today I will be kind to all living things



As a Reiki Master I try to live by the above five Reiki Precepts set by Dr Mikao Usui.  Although these are very simple, believe me they’re not as easy as they seem.  

I should point out here that there are many interpretations of these precepts and each Reiki Master will teach as they have been taught.  These are the precepts that I choose to follow.

I try very hard with these and, on the whole, succeed reasonably well with four of them.  The fifth is a real test.

Just for today I will respect others and not judge – yup, that’s the little devil that gets me.  I try very hard and every morning, as I recite my precepts, I fully intend to follow them for the day.  Until, that is, somebody’s actions really start to aggravate me and then I’m off.

But who am I to judge?  Why can't I just accept people for who they are, even though I don't necessarily agree with them.  Most of the time I don’t even really know the people I am criticising, don’t know what their life is like or what they have to face therefore I have no idea of the reasons behind why they do the things they do.

I have no right to judge, especially when I hate being judged and criticised myself.  So, just for today ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do leave a message - I would love to hear from you.