Monday 17 December 2012

A Past Life?


Last week a friend and I took a trip to the Christmas Markets in Germany.  It was a river cruise down the Rhine stopping off at markets in Cologne, Bonn and Koblenz.  Mornings were spent cruising to our next stop and afternoons spent shopping in the markets and sampling the Gluwein.  The trip was a good one, the river cruise wonderful and the Christmas markets were lovely.

However, watching the passing scenery as we cruised down the Rhine invoked some very uneasy feelings.  I found the old buildings imposing and forbidding.  I had a sense of fleeing in the surrounding forests.  In Cologne we visited the Cathedral but I found it so dark and intimidating that I had to leave.  I have no idea why I experienced such feelings, it’s never happened to me before.  It was so overwhelming at one point that I had to read my book rather than watch the passing scenery.

I have always been drawn to the second World War without ever really knowing why.  I was born several years after the war had finished so never had any first had experience.  But of course, the war was still fresh in the memories of those around me so was I picking up on their experiences?  After all, my Dad had many stories to tell.

But now I am beginning to wonder whether I may have lived during those times and perhaps I should consider a past-life regression.  Is it really possible to reincarnate in such a short space of time? 

I really don’t know but, after those experiences in Germany, I have to find out.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Do leave a message - I would love to hear from you.