Friday 28 December 2012

Reflection


This is usually the time of the year to stop and take stock of all that has happened throughout the past 12-months.  What was good, what not so good?  What would you change, what would you keep the same? What did you learn?

Over the past couple of days I have done a fair bit of reflecting and whilst the past year has brought some sad and worrying times, times that I could have well done without, there were so many good times and much to make my life happy and perfect.

The tough times helped me to realise just how strong I really am and how absolutely futile worrying is.  I have wasted so much time worrying about people and events that I have no control over; about possible scenarios that never happened and about a future that may never be.  So this year I have learnt to try not to worry – easier said than done, I know, but I am learning.  When worry creeps in I ask myself if there is anything I can do about it today and if the answer is no then I stop worrying today and if the answer is yes, I make changes.

I have learnt to embrace the good times and be totally aware of how happy I am.  I have learnt to live in the present moment - the past has gone, I can't change it and I have no idea what the future holds.  I have learnt to be grateful.  The more grateful I become, the better and more abundant my life gets.

I have spent so much time over the years thinking “should I or shouldn’t I?” and ended up wasting several opportunities.  Now, if it feels right I jump straight in!  My life has been changing at great pace over the past few months and it seems to me that the more I embrace life, the more opportunities arise.  OK, so maybe I will get some things wrong but at least I will have tried.

Life is taking another turn now as my good friend and business partner, Gill, and I are about to move into our new premises and incorporate holistic therapy training alongside our spiritual work as Como Centre for Enlightenment.  I have no idea what the new year holds for us but whatever happens we will grow and learn and, above all, we shall enjoy every step of the journey.

I hope 2013 brings you everything you hope for, but remember that life is what you make of it – you have choices.  If you can’t change the situation, change your attitude towards it.  Seize the opportunities that are presented, do what makes you happy, learn from your experiences, be positive, love one another and, above all, love life.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Do leave a message - I would love to hear from you.