Sunday 24 February 2013

Animal Spirit Guides


We always start our Reiki Share Groups with a guided meditation, played either from a CD or download; but they never go according to plan.  Despite Gill finding a meditation for the evening, when we come to do it it’s always something completely different to the one chosen.  Long ago we concluded that Spirit had their own ideas as to how our meditations should be.

This week was no exception.  Gill and I spent an hour or more looking for an appropriate meditation, only to have our Group collapse in fits of laughter when our chosen one started.  Great to have so much laughter and wow, did it lift the vibrations.  But, again, our guides had decided that what we had chosen was not the one they wanted for us.

Eventually we all settled and Spirit was happy for us to continue and, oh boy, had they found a winner this time!

Our journey was through a forest and into a clearing.  In the clearing we sat in warm sunshine, with the sounds of nature all around us and there we were to wait for our animal guides.  We were to have two each, and they would accompany us on our journey and be there to help and support us.

I waited a while and then I became aware of a wolf trotting into the centre of the clearing.  He came and sat by my side, shoulder to shoulder.  Eventually his two front legs stretched out in front of him in a resting position.  I knew that he would be there for as long as it took – he was with me for patience.

My next animal was a monkey.  Not sure what kind, but it had long arms, legs and tail and was swinging overhead in the branches of the tree I was resting against.  His body kept dipping, upside down, before us in a playful manner.  He was with me to ensure I kept fun and laughter in my work and in my life – it was important to sometimes let the inner child out.

How lovely was this, two amazingly beautiful animals and they were with me.  But just as we were about to leave a third animal came into the clearing, walked over and stood directly in front of me and looked straight into my eyes.  It was an ox, and he just stood there strong, firm and unmoving – he was there to give me strength and determination whenever I needed it.

It was time to leave and as we walked down the path and back through the forest I was accompanied by my three wonderful animal guides – the ox and the wolf walking either side of me  and the monkey still swinging through the overhead branches.

As I returned from the meditation I was totally overwhelmed and very emotional.  This has got to be one of the most poignant and beautiful meditations I have done – what a privilege.

3 comments:

  1. Just recently I have been led to wondering what animal guide is with me. What CD did you use for your meditation? Do you know of any web links or download s that are worthy and teach as well as guide?
    + a Reiki Master in PA

    ReplyDelete
  2. We used "The Little Spirit Guide Meditation Album" by Philip Permutt. The track was called "The Forest (Animal Guides)". It's quite a short meditation, just 12-minutes, but truly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Do leave a message - I would love to hear from you.