Sunday 6 October 2013

Another Decade Passes

Tomorrow is my 60th Birthday and another decade passes.  I think when a big birthday looms you start to reflect a little and also ponder on the future.

So I have reflected and, all-in-all, my life has been brilliant.  Yes, there have been some tough times, but who doesn’t have tough times in their lives.  It’s the tough times that teach us the lessons we need, they give us the experiences that help us to grow, they shape us into the people we are.  Do I have any regrets? No I don't.

So the future is before me and I wonder what it will bring.  Am I worried about getting older?  Well, yes to a degree but I refuse to let it bother me.  Who knows what tomorrow may bring, but the way I look at it is that it may be so amazingly magical in ways that I could never imagine.  I will not spend my days worrying.

The one thing that age has brought me is a deep contentment with who I am.  I have made choices that have brought me to the place I am now and I love my life.  I am surrounded by people who I love dearly and I am extremely grateful for them being in my life.  And at a time when I should be thinking of retiring I find myself running my own business and am passionate about what I do.

So on the eve of entering my next decade, I am extremely grateful for my life and I look forward to having a blast over the next 10-years.

Bring it on!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Do leave a message - I would love to hear from you.