Tuesday 18 February 2014

Tarot Readings

I was stark raving bonkers at the time, but in one of those wonderful moments of feeling pretty invincible I agreed to do a whole day of Tarot readings to raise funds for charity.

"What's wrong with that?" I hear you say.  Well nothing at all if you are an experienced Tarot reader - I'm not!  Oh I had a Tarot deck, and had used them regularly, but they had been in a box hidden in the loft somewhere and I hadn't looked at them since we moved here over 20-years ago.

What was I doing? What on earth made me say yes? Had I lost the plot completely?

Well I had a lot of work to do, that much was obvious.  So I talked to my own spiritual teacher and mentor thinking she would say "what on earth are you doing?" but no, she just said "fabulous, about time you got on with it".  So I ordered a new pack of Tarot cards and got to work.

My teacher, Kitty, is amazing and spent a lot of time coaching and encouraging me until I began to feel a little more confident that I could do it.  She also volunteered to come over and join us on the day but, she added, that didn't mean I could opt out and send everyone to her!

So Saturday came and four of us spent the day giving Tarot readings in The Mix, Wantage.  We had a steady flow and by the end of the day had raised just over £100 for the Bowen4Children clinic.

It was, on my part, another leap of faith.  I had asked my guides for help and they didn't let me down.  Yes, I was out of my comfort zone but, to be honest, I enjoyed every minute of it and once I got started I found it all just flowed.

Will I do it again? You bet I will but this time it will be at the Como Centre.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do leave a message - I would love to hear from you.