Thursday 30 January 2014

A Little Cosmic Order

A couple of weeks ago I saw an article asking for people who had retrained or started a new career at the age of 60 to e-mail their story to a reporter at a national newspaper.  "Oooo, that's me" I thought and spent the next 30-minutes umming and arring about whether I should e-mail or not. It would be such fabulous publicity for the Como Centre.

Eventually I sent the e-mail, reasoning that I had been presented with an opportunity and it was down to me to grab it.  That evening I placed a cosmic order asking that I would be successful and my story would be featured.  The following day an e-mail came back saying that my story had been submitted to the Editor for consideration.  I put the whole thing out of my mind.

Monday morning and another e-mail - the Editor thought my story was fascinating and wanted to feature it.  I was asked if I could do a telephone interview the following day and whether I would be available for a photo shoot on the Friday!  Excited was an understatement.

The interview went well and last Friday I went off to the Centre to meet the photographer and a stylist - yes, I was getting a make-over too.  Well how fabulous was all this, another successful cosmic order.

The stylist brought two dresses and a pair of shoes with her!  I took the bag off to the ladies to change but - ugghh - not me at all.  I was persuaded to wear them but I felt uncomfortable in the dresses and the shoes were far too high for me.  As I tottered about I began to feel like Miss Piggy!!  Why hadn't I cosmic ordered a successful photo shoot for the good of ALL concerned?

The article should be in the newspaper soon and I have to say I am a bit apprehensive - I just hope they choose the most flattering photo.

But there's the lesson - I hurriedly put in a cosmic order but I hadn't thought it through first.  I hadn't been specific about what I wanted the outcome to be and I certainly hadn't managed my expectations.

Needless to say another order was placed that evening.

[Ellen Watts, author of the book illustrated, taught me how to successfully cosmic order. I highly recommend her book and her courses]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do leave a message - I would love to hear from you.