Thursday 20 March 2014

Time to Listen

A month or so ago I had a private Tarot reading with my lovely friend, mentor and spiritual worker, Kitty Phillips. Among the many things she told me was the need to take time out for myself, relax more and just chill. Knowing me well, she went on to emphasis the point and said that if I didn't take the time needed, Spirit would force me into it around March-time.

Now it's not that I don't listen, or take advice seriously, but sometimes taking time out is easier said than done. I knew I had my first free weekend since Christmas coming up so figured I would just plod on. Why, oh why don't I just listen!

They hit me last night with a thumping great migraine just 30-minutes before I was due up at Como to run a meditation course. "Oh not now?" I pleaded, as I sat back and closed my eyes.

After half hour I felt slightly better, the visual disturbances had died down so off I went to my class. As the evening wore on my headache started and I wasn't sorry when the session came to an end.

The minute I walked back in the house the visual disturbances began again. What on earth was going on? This had never happened before. I sat and closed my eyes but it just wasn't shifting. I finally took some pain killers and went off to bed.

This morning I felt better, but not brilliant. The visual disturbances have gone, as has the thumping head. In it's place is a huge solid ball that thumps around in my head every time I move; I'm left feeling drained and and good for nothing.

Oh yes, I've listened now! I have spent the whole day doing nothing, just a little reading and watching some TV. I will have an early night in bed and tomorrow I will feel back to normal.

From now on I will make sure I take a little time for me, and do what I'm told to when Spirit tells me. Another lesson learned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do leave a message - I would love to hear from you.