Sunday 18 November 2012

The Beauty Within


I saw this tree on a recent visit to a local arboretum.  It was the first tree I saw on the way in, and its impact has remained with me. 

I find it beautiful and I could gaze at it for hours.  It didn’t have the beautiful coloured leaves that the other trees had and I’m not sure it ever did.  But, to me, this tree is every inch as beautiful.

It reminds me that you don’t have to be either young or physically attractive to capture attention.  This tree looks very old, it has no outwardly attractive features, yet to me it speaks volumes.  It has lived and endured, it has seen much in its lifetime and bears the scars.  It has lost its youthful beauty but it has gained so much character.  It is solid, strong, dependable and has stood the test of time.  It's inner beauty and strength really struck a chord with me.

Whilst everyone else took photographs of the splendour and beauty of the other trees, I remained with this one.  I guess the saying is true – beauty is in the eye of the beholder. 

Can you identify with this tree?  I know I certainly can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do leave a message - I would love to hear from you.