Sunday 17 March 2013

My Spiritual Sisters


This morning I woke up early and actually stayed awake.  Most unlike me because I’m an owl rather than a lark.  But as I lie in my bed something caught the corner of my eye and I saw the snow drifting past my window. 

Big flakes, huge flakes, silently drifting from the sky to the ground.  Angels' feathers – so beautiful.  I got out of bed and, snuggled in my dressing gown, I sat at the window for a while enjoying the early morning stillness before the world awakens .  As the snow fell, thick and fast, there was an ethereal quality about the morning.

I went downstairs to get my mobile phone to take a picture or two.  Within a few moments I heard the sound of a message coming in – it was one of my Spiritual Sisters.  I have three Spiritual Sisters and we have been together for about a year – we have all shared a previous life and now we share this one.

This morning the two of us were having a very moving conversation, albeit via text, and it wasn’t long before my other sisters joined in.  One of my sisters was suffering and I felt a bond so strong and so completely moving that I will confess to a few tears.  I wanted to be with them all at that moment, to embrace them and give them my unconditional love – I have never had such an overwhelming feeling before. 

So I sat in the peace of the early morning and drew each of them into my heart and gave them my love. 

I am so deeply grateful to have each of them in my life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do leave a message - I would love to hear from you.