Thursday 1 May 2014

The Song of the Universe

Last Sunday I had a brand new experience - Crystal Singing Bowls!

I really didn't know what to expect from our session at the Como Centre but Genevra, Crystal Singing Bowls UK, arrived and wow - what a lovely lady, she just shone from the inside out.

As she started to unpack the bowls I marvelled at the beauty of them; different colours and different sizes. She brought around 20 of them and they all looked so beautiful on our floor.

As the session started Genevra began to play, gently at first but soon the bowls were singing together, in perfect harmony and unity. The sounds and vibrations were amazing as they washed over us, each of us taking exactly what we needed at that moment in time.

For me, personally, time stood still as I allowed the tones, frequencies and vibrations wash over and through me. It was a beautiful experience and as the sounds grew I had the sense that I had heard them before. I have no idea where, but I know I have.

Today I finished reading The Afterlife of Billy Fingers by Annie Kagan. An intriguing book and well worth a read. There's a part in the book where she talks about the sounds of the universe, very much like earth's nature sounds but more musical. A rhythm that constantly pulsates and changes.

Is that what I was hearing in the singing bowls - the song of the universe? I really like to think so.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Do leave a message - I would love to hear from you.