Sunday 28 October 2012

A Meditation Experience

One of the first things I did when I started to meditate seriously was to find my sanctuary.  I found it easy to do and this is now the place I go to daily when I meditate alone.  I feel safe, secure and loved in my special place.

My sanctuary started as a fairly small space – I had a room, a veranda and a shady nook by a river.  I had almost tunnel vision and couldn’t see anything other than what was in front of me.  Over the months my vision is slowly beginning to widen and new aspects of my surroundings are beginning to appear.

I have met with guides and have been taught much.  I never stay too long but while I’m there time seems irrelevant.

Yesterday I went and sat on the veranda but really didn’t see much of my surroundings.  I saw lots of green and I was surrounded by a green mist.  I could breathe it in and out – it filled and surrounded me.  Then, amazingly, I had the sense of floating upwards.  I floated up to my nearby tree and rested there for a while.  I looked down and saw that I was still sitting on the veranda.  I took off from the tree, a bit like a bird flying only I wasn’t a bird.  I was almost formless yet I could change shape.  Although I was moving, sometimes fairly quickly, I was limited to where I could go.  I was confined to my space.  I was conscious of nothing but this floating and flying, this wonderful freedom to move where and how I liked.  After a while I just floated down and became me again.  It wasn’t a conscious thought, I never felt my time was up, it just happened. 

All very weird and I have no idea what it was or what it meant - but I loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do leave a message - I would love to hear from you.