Monday 23 April 2012

My Son and I


I’ve just spent the last hour or so reading my son’s blogs.  We don’t connect on any of the social or professional networking sites so I feel very honoured to have been invited to read these.  He’s a Life Coach and is currently doing Modelling work in Brazil.  I understand the work that he does, albeit at a very broad level, but I was totally blown away by what he is doing now and how he is connecting with teenagers in Brazil.  He is really making a difference.  If you would like to read about his work then do have a look at http://modellinginbrazil.wordpress.com/

We are all proud of our children and their achievements, which is as it should be.  I, too, am a very proud mother and nothing gives me more pleasure than watching his success, but I am amazed that he and I are now beginning to share similar ideals and beliefs and we are moving towards working in a more parallel way.

Our aims are very much the same.  We are both trying to help people to help themselves – he through his coaching skills and me through Reiki, healing and spiritual development.  We both want to help people to be more in control of their lives, to see that they have choices.  We both believe that everyone is capable of achieving much more and has the wherewithal inside them to lead a happier life.  We are both following our dreams, albeit mine coming a lot later in life!  We both share a passion for what we do.

But what I found so uplifting was his understanding that each of us are individuals and that we should not judge one another.  We know nothing of how past experiences have shaped others, what another has suffered, what they now have to put up with in their life, and so we are in no position to pass judgements.  We have not idea of where their pathways will take them, so should not try to lead them anywhere.  We allow them free will.  We each have our own pathway to walk.

It’s not easy I know, I struggle every day to be non-judgemental, but as one of the Reiki precepts it is part of my daily affirmations and I’m working on it.

Respecting one another’s values, beliefs and way of life doesn’t mean we have to agree with them, but just accept that they are so.  It doesn’t make us right and them wrong, or vice versa, just different.  If only everyone thought this way, what a world we could live in.

And so, should my son be reading my blog – I am so proud of the man you have become x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Do leave a message - I would love to hear from you.