Friday 3 February 2012

Why did I choose Reiki ....?



I didn’t, it chose me! 

You will know by now (if you’ve been reading my blogs) that I became spiritually aware around 30-odd years ago and my development has been an on-going thing.  I was told by a great healer I once met that I would get back to healing work at some point in the future, but not sure I really believed him at the time.   Sometimes life intervenes and you move on to other things.

Around 7-8 years ago I began having problems with blocked ears and sought an alternative treatment to syringing.  I found (some would say by chance but I don’t believe that for one minute) Gill Moss, a lovely lady and holistic therapist, and someone who I would highly recommend (have a look at Mokoia Holistic Therapies www.mokoiaholistictherapies.co.uk).   I booked an appointment for Hopi Ear Candling and emerged from her treatment room an hour later completely changed.  Not only had my ears been unblocked but I had met someone who I felt connected with at a far deeper level.  

Over the next few years I had many sessions of Hopi, all to great effect.  Then, five years ago, I was diagnosed with breast cancer.  I had surgery, chemotherapy and radiotherapy and, once again, I turned to Gill for help.  She started with Reflexology but at the end of the sessions I knew that I had received much more.  Gill had introduced me to Reiki and my sessions with her had an enormous effect on me, not only did they help me to relax and cope better with the treatments but I felt such a deep calmness and a certainty that I would be ok.

I recovered from the treatment, went into remission and, with Gill’s help, began to put the trauma behind me.  Then my ear blocked again.  Back to Gill for another Hopi session and immediately, as I relaxed, a voice in my head said “How many times do we have to block your ears for you to listen”! I was gobsmacked, amazed and excited.  I think I had always known, on a subconscious level, that I needed to get back to healing, but never connected the events that had lead me to it.  

Gill and I discussed what had happened for some time and, by the time I left her, I knew Reiki had chosen me.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Do leave a message - I would love to hear from you.